Here it is..The Sunday before I leave. Only a week left! It is so hard to believe that my time here is already almost over. I have big plans for this week, however. We began the week today by taking the group to Nan Shan..a mountain away from the city with a beautiful waterfall. It was great to spend time together and just breathe fresh air. Also, I was forced into wading in the FREEZING stream from the waterfall with my m pal (who happens to be about 70). She does not slow down! It was funny and we have some great pictures of the two of us out in the middle of the freezing cold water! After we got back two of the group offered to go with me to the Olympic stores and chopstick store to buy some souveneirs. I feel pretty good about what I got! For the rest of the week I plan to, of course, meet with people and share about myself but also visit the cemetary, eat hot pot, go to Da Ba Zar, go to the night market, and eat peking duck. Ask that I will continue to remain focused on the main thing amid all the fun.
I named my blog what I did for a specific reason. I feel that in my life so far I have been given so much-so many opportunities. I have been privaledged to walk through some great adventures. But I believe that each day is truly just the beginning. Backwards focused life has little value. I want to live a life that is not caught up in what has been but is focused on what is today. As I "end" this adventure, I ask that I remain faithful to remembering that ALL THIS is just a beginning of a new part of the journey. I cannot thank you enough for thinking of me. It is making a difference!
Adventures, thoughts, and whatever else occurs along the way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like fun. Love you. Grandma
Christi,
We are just getting home from Texas. It was a good visit with everyone. Chris and Marge are doing great and everyone at the camp seems to love both of them. We missed talking to you this weekend and are hoping that you will call in the next few days! Your day sounds like great fun! I love you lots and lots!
Momma
Post a Comment