Okay....I know I have generated false hope over this picture thing. Sorry. I AM trying just various things getting in the way. Instead I thought I would share some of the random funny things that happen on a daily basis over this way. First of all, one of the things my new friends always ask me to do is to sing "American" songs. There favorite is John Denver. Picture me on a college campus with a bunch of people around me singing "Country Roads Take Me Home" Yeah...hilarious.
Apparently the big show over here is "Prison Break" Now, I remember this show being advertised in the states but I have never seen it. I am not even sure if it is still on tv is the US. Does anyone know? Apparently the boys on there are "very handsome American boys." I have missed out! ;-)
The other night my friend and I went to an Egyptian folk dance festival. It was very good. It was even taped for television. Yes..I know what country I am in. Just goes to show...you never know what will happen in a day over here.
I have always thought that Asian women were little because they do not eat alot. WRONG. They out eat me every time. They polish off their rice or noodles (we eat noodles much more than rice in the north) and I am struggling to finish. The other day they told me I was "not healthy" and should eat more. They said I must be very afraid of getting fat. I said no..my stomach just must be smaller than yours or something. So unfair...I eat less than the Asian women and still have very American curves. Speaking of the women..this is my land for sure. All the women wear these really cute dresses and high heels that look so "me." I really want them to take me shopping. However, I am a bit afraid that the clothes are made for little Asian bodies and I won't be able to fit my American one in them. We will see!
Lastly, I have a little friend (about Thad's age, Jamie) who I play with some during the week. She is extremely dramatic and hilarious. Today I asked what I could be in the circus (she was going to be a seal) and she told me I had to be the blind beggar. Is that a hint or something? I love you all. My father is doing so much here. It is exciting to see eyes opened and to be a voice of truth for people.
Adventures, thoughts, and whatever else occurs along the way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Christi,
As I had my quiet time this morning you were on my heart. I was so happy when I checked your blog and found the update! You are in my thoughts constantly. Daddy and I ate at the No. 1 China Buffet the other night and the picture of the Great Wall took on a whole new meaning as we thought of you being there. We are doing fine, Early Lit II is over so now I just have to finish Core 10. That will be finished before you are home so then we can have some time together (I hope, if you are not too busy!) I love you with all my heart!
Momma
P.S. I don't really understand the blind begger!
Sounds like you are really doing a lot of fun things. Might be fun to know what they are saying that you're not understanding after you perform. You never sing for me-not since you were young. Maybe now that you are getting practice you'll be ready too when you get home
We are doing fine. Missing you.
Love you very much. Grandma
yea for the update! we still check a lot and think about you - mary peyton's missing "her" miss christi!
we will talk to our father about you tonight.
much love
Hello sweet Christi - I have been trying to get your blogspot up to no avail. But Mr. Paul just got it up for me. Yes, I read and typed it correctly. :) Oh well!
I miss you so very much! It is not the same without you in our Monday night book study! You always add that extra special something.
I just read all your updates and they are great. Funny and insightful.
I know that our Father is using you and am so happy to hear about your experiences. Please know that I am praying for you and that I love you.
Take care and keep being used.
Miss Donna
YOUR TV UPDATE FROM UNCLE ED
Prison Break is a television drama that first aired on FOX in 2005. After getting himself incarcerated in Fox River State Penitentiary to free his wrongly accused brother, Lincoln Burrows, Michael Scofield is now on the loose–along with his brother and six other convicts. Set to uncover the $5 million hidden by D.B. Cooper, the escapees attempt to evade capture–being tailed by both Captain Brad Bellick and FBI Special Agent Alexander Mahone.
Hey sweet girl,
You know "Country Roads" would sound even more awesome if I could be there to sing a little harmony!!!! I am so happy to hear that "Punkin' Head Country" is making a comeback in China. You are the best, Christi, and I thank God for you. I love you with all my heart.
Uncle Carl
Post a Comment