Adventures, thoughts, and whatever else occurs along the way

Monday, June 16, 2008

Some more pictures from around town.

Guess where I am! Pretty cool, right? This is one of the 2 pictures I have of myself to prove that I did actually come here. This was during my first two days in country.
These are the Olympic "Friendlies" They have names and my little friend (the 3 year old) tries to help me remember, but I fail terribly. I know for sure that one is Bei Bei, and one is Jing Jing. Get it?? Beijing! Clever huh? Anyway, saying that we are pumped about the Olympics over here is the understatement of the year.

My daily mode of transportation. I have a bus card which is really convenient.


The view from my hotel window.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!! i love your posts. took me a bit to find you but that bonner kid is a wiz. on my way to amanda's our baby girl is due the 28th and cody grads out there on the 18th. so off we go.
you (and your momma) in my thoughts and as i talk to father. I am so proud to know you.
keep up the "good work" and i did not really get the begger thing either.
stacy

Anonymous said...

Hey sweety!!! I've been reading your posts (interrupted by my little monster) and finally have the time to tell you (he's napping) that I'm so proud of you. You're the bravest woman I know and I'm so glad we're friends. I talk to father daily about you and can't wait to send you pictures of my soon to be family of 4. I love you!!! ~ Amanda

Anonymous said...

Christi,
I am so glad that you were finally able to upload your pictures. It is very hard for me to believe that you are navigating that huge city, on a bus, not knowing the language, by yourself! I can truly see our father's hand in all that you are doing. I can't wait to hear all the stories that go along with the pictures. I love you sooooo much!
Momma

Anonymous said...

Christi,
I love visiting the site and keeping up with all of your news.....the pictures are great too.....I am sure there will be so many stories to hear when you arrive home.....you are always in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

YOUR TV UPDATED

Prison Break is a television drama that first aired on FOX in 2005. After getting himself incarcerated in Fox River State Penitentiary to free his wrongly accused brother, Lincoln Burrows, Michael Scofield is now on the loose–along with his brother and six other convicts. Set to uncover the $5 million hidden by D.B. Cooper, the escapees attempt to evade capture–being tailed by both Captain Brad Bellick and FBI Special Agent Alexander Mahone.

(your TV EXPERT...uncle ed)

Anonymous said...

As an addendum to your Uncle Ed's TV update - there were a couple of episodes filmed here at Lake Texoma a year or so ago! Lookin' forward to seeing your mom and dad this afternoon! Guess it's been a couple of years since we've seen you guys! Glad you are having such a great time (you world traveler ou!) and that Chris is enjoying camp here in Texas. Emily, Tyler and I are heading to your grandparents in a couple of weeks to hang out while the big boys are all off at their Scout camps. Have fun and be careful - safe trip home! Hi to Bei Bei and Jing Jing!

Amy